It is unimaginable not to come across a vendor pitching “Uber for logistics clone” while you are searching for logistics app for management. How easy would it be to purchase a clone of highly successful business and integrate it into your business.
Wait! Appearances are deceptive.
An app apparently identical to Uber reflects not the slightest bit about its efficiency. Designing an Uber lookalike is as effortless as scrolling down the newsfeed at your smartphone. However, the performance of such an app can be as poor as falling for clickbait in the same feed.
It is notable that Uber is powered by a cloud-based platform which reflects in its seamless performance. In contrast, the app hosted on a local server barely addresses your business needs – though it may appear to work in the beginning.
How logistics management app clone leads you astray?
The vendors of scripted logistics app will conceal the following drawbacks from you.
- The app is a one-time bulk purchase. Even if you intend to access only a few services relevant to your business, you will end-up purchasing entire software.
- Since the system runs on a local server, it remains significantly susceptible to data breaches. We assume local server because a vendor would have opted for subscription model if one’s app was running remotely. The details of remotely running cloud-based apps are shared later in the text.
- You may have to add more features as the need arises. Scripted apps rarely provide an opportunity to augment the app. The owners have to pay for rebuilding the app from scratch if the feature is a complicated one. Moreover, the vendors do not take responsibility for bugs in their app code. Instead, they push owners to pay more for fixing bugs.
- Logistics app is not just another software app as easy to integrate into business as a social platform. The system requires installation, deployment, and configuration each of which tailors to enterprise operations. For instance, registering a vehicle to appear in app. Incorporating an app requires expertise to align it with your company’s operations.
- Logistics business involves dozens of requests and transactions. An app hosted locally exhausts the storage after a time period. Thus, such an approach is also costly due to the renewal of supporting hardware.
Cloud-based Solution for Transport and Logistics App
Cloud-based apps do not only address the concerns arising with app clones. They bring a range of other gains as well. Following is how cloud platforms avert each of the aforementioned challenges.
Subscription-based Pricing Model
Logistics business owners purchasing an app all at once take one of the biggest risks in their businesses. Adding to the irony, there is no significant return even if the app turns out to be working perfectly.
Cloud-based logistics delivery app enables you to pay for number of services instead of forcing you to buy whole app.
No more Data Security Overhead
Data security is one of the top priorities of business owners assuming they are well aware of security challenges.
One or more of the multiple sources result in data breaches.
i. An intentional or accidental error from an employee.
ii. An intruder intending to take data hostage in expectation of monetary returns.
iii. An intruder sponsored by a disguised competitor trying to vilify your company’s reputation.
iv. Malfunction of one of the features resulting in data loss.
Cloud-based platform pushes the responsibility of data security from logistics businesses to cloud service provider. They are confident to take this charge because cloud platform minimizes probability of data breach to a considerable degree.
Multiple security checks prevent errors occurring at your employee’s end. Data loss, though unlikely, does not make you liable to pay compensation. Instead, service provider has to pay for losses.
Moreover, cloud-based logistics apps can run locally as well as remotely. Thus, owners can prevent loss due to malfunction.
Effortless Scalability of Mobile app for logistics companies
You can scale-up by asking your service provider to add as many drivers and associated vehicles as you want. Car and truck logistics app powered by cloud services prevents you from being exploited at the hands of app developers. These developers charge substantially high price for making even petty changes to the system.
With a cloud platform, you can ask the service provider to update your package by adding the required feature. There will be a minor hike in the subscription, but this approach is relatively cost-effective.
Averting Deployment and Configuration Hassle
The subscription provider is responsible for configuration of app to ensure compatibility with your native system. This facility eliminates the need to keep in-house system administrators or subject matter experts.
Moreover, employees distributed in various geographical regions can use a mutual platform. By utilizing such a platform, the changes made by one employee reflect on the interface of another employee located elsewhere.
Owing to the contemporary remarkable internet speed, working remotely is barely a problem. App record remains distributed on separate servers. Therefore, retrieval of this data does not pose performance decline because system reaches the closest server with required records.
Preventing Excessive Hardware Costs
If you are running a logistics business which is not hosted on cloud, hardware costs are very much likely to haunt you. Keeping a sizable server to store data is essential for traditional locally running apps. Moreover, you will also have to employ workforce including network and security admins to ensure smooth running of system.
Cloud services eliminate these excessive costs resulting from hardware infrastructure renewal. Data remains in storage centers of service providers. Authorized employees can access this data from anywhere with internet connection.
In a nutshell, cloud enables companies to pay for what they use instead of irrelevant bunch of other features. Besides, it prevents the owners from pouring unnecessarily on on-premises hardware.
Do you intend to leverage the power of cloud for your business? You do not need to listen to developers’ technical jargon regarding logistics mobile app development. Try our cloud-based logistics platform right now to evaluate its effectiveness.